Graduates in Agricultural Sciences for Sustainability are trained to take management roles in coordinating and planning production processes in crop and livestock farming, in the agri-food market chains and in the industry, private services and public bodies operating with the agricultural production sector.
The skills acquired by graduates in Agricultural Sciences for Sustainability therefore allow them to carry out entrepreneurial roles, managerial responsibilities, planning, consultancy and operational management in the following areas/sectors:
- technical and economic management of production processes in crop and livestock farms and in the related supply-chains;
- field and animal breeding technical assistance;
- companies or industries of technical means (seeds, fertilizers, crop protection products, feed, etc.) and of machinery, plants, structures, technologies and services for agriculture;
- agri-food chains for the distribution and processing of agricultural products, and produce marketing;
- administrative, regulatory, technical and economic consultancy professional services for agricultural business;
- digital and ICT technology companies for agriculture and precision farming;
- public bodies operating with agricultural activities and resources.
In particular, graduates in Agricultural Sciences for Sustainability may have the following career opportunities related to the chosen specialisation track:
- farm management track: management functions of direction and coordination in farms, agricultural enterprises and agri-food distribution and processing chain, in the agricultural sector of public bodies, professional consultancy, technical and commercial assistance services to companies and industries operating with agriculture;
- animal systems track: management functions of direction and coordination in livestock farms and animal product distribution and processing chain, technical and commercial assistance professional consultancy in livestock production and R&D in agriculture technologies companies;
- precision Agriculture track: technical or professional services to support agricultural production, ICT companies for agriculture (IT, modeling, remote sensing, etc.), innovation start-ups for the agri-food system, R&D in technology and agricultural machinery industry, and technical and commercial assistance services for farms.Employment statistics (Almalaurea)